Thursday, March 15, 2012

AGENT VINOD 2012- Prem Chopra

He was the most distasteful, lecherous, and downright 'Bad Guy' of 70s and 80s of Bollywood cinema. He made the character of the bad guy frighteningly real. He is none other than our very own Prem Chopra. And now the veteran actor is once again set to return as a baddie with Saif Ali Khan's upcoming film AGENT VINOD.

Says Prem Chopra, ''I have played various negative characters in my career but AGENT VINOD is something different and special.

Having said that, the character which Prem Chopra portrays in AGENT VINOD is not heavy to the hilt like he used to play in his heydays. ''My character in the film is not totally negative. It does have good shades also. It's not that insensitive as I used to play in my earlier films,'' says the yesteryear icon.


Prem is also all praise for AGENT VINOD director, Sriram Raghavan. He says, ''Sriram is a very talented director. He is extremely hard working.''

Ask Prem of all the negative characters he has played till date and which is his favourite he says, ''I have done more than 400 films and it's quite difficult to say which one is my favourite. I appreciate all my characters which I played in my films. They are memorable.''

Now that the presence of strong-willed and cruel villains in Bollywood is gradually diminishing, the veteran actor expresses his take on the trend. ''The reason behind the dearth of strong-willed villains is that now the heroes are themselves interested in playing the baddies. The line between heroes and villains is slowly blurring. The heroes, today, are more interested in essaying negative characters than the usual heroes. With a strong reason like victim of chance, the good man converts into a bad man,'' says Prem Chopra.

AGENT VINOD is all set to hit the screens on 23rd March 2012. !!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment